12 December 2008

Yikes, back to the blog

Can't believe it. Ya stop blogging for a couple days and pretty soon it's nine months.

Been doing a bunch of stuff with Arduino's and robotics. Just haven't blogged about 'em. Let's see if I carry through.

I really like Arduino and it's clones/variants. Many interesting ideas, with each having a cool idea. But none having all the stuff I want together in one board. And, recently I've become particularly interested in Sanguino, a big brother to Arduino, using the Atmega644p. So, it seemed like the natural thing to do is build my own board.

First thing to do was bread board the guts to make sure I understood things even minimally. Next post will be working notes which I hope to turn into a web page. I've already taken half of them and posted them at http://sanguino.cc/BreadBoardSanguino. I'm going to put the here too, finish them, and then post them back there again.

I'm now wrapping up the board design. I'll post an article about that too, both here and at Sanguino. Gotta say that Zach has been a big help!

Then I'll post my notes from constructing a TCP/IP traffic light and how I connected it to reflect the status of my companies continuous build system.

No comments:

Post a Comment